Last week in RLS
We will begin to highlight news, updates, and general information about RLS in our blog posts. We'll do our best to keep it recent but if there's something we missed, let us know!
For the week ending 6/14/2020, here's what we've found:
- Car Crashes, Stroke, and Alzheimer's Disease - The Dangers of Sleep Deprivation
- The risks of missing out on sleep can be more devastating than most people realize.
- "Just one night of sleep deprivation can lead to accumulation in the brain of the beta amyloid protein, a key component in risk for Alzheimer's disease"
- Transdermal skin patches in early stages of development for RLS
- From across the pond, Nigeria Society of Physiotherapy advocates quality sleep to boost immune system against COVD-19
- It's well known that sleep plays a major role in our bodily functions and immune response
- In light of current events, stressors, and triggers, sleep has arguably never been more important
- Restless Legs, PLMD, and Depression